OLYCA Online Franchise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OLYCA Online Franchise

OLYCA Football League

+3
dsmpacttsi
trcownage
GreenLimitedL [Colts]
7 posters

Rules and Guidelines

GreenLimitedL [Colts]
    GreenLimitedL [Colts]
    Admin

Rules and Guidelines Empty Rules and Guidelines

Post  GreenLimitedL [Colts] Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 pm

-All-PRO
    -8 Minute Quarters
    -15 Second Accelerated Clock Runoff
    -Trading is on (No CPU)

The first advance date will be Tuesday, Feb 2. From there, we will advance every other day at 6 p.m. (my schedule permitting)

IMPORTANT: If your opponent is not around for 2 days and you can't get your game in, you need to contact me (preferably during the day before the advance date since I work 8-5 pm EST Mon-Fri). I will boot that person so you can play right around 5:15pm EST and avoid a simulation. The booted party will be allowed back in the league, but they will be at the mercy of the CPU for that game. If, for some reason, you don't get a hold of me in time or I can't get to my 360 in time to boot the other person so you can play your game, you may have to deal with your game being simulated. I'm sorry, but that will be part of the game. I'll try to avoid it, but if it happens (it will at least once in a while), I don't want to hear complaining. I warned everyone.

Other rules:

-Because we want a realistic football environment, please follow these guidelines on 4th down:
    a-Only go for it when you are within a few yards to go (when in borderline FG/Punt range)
    b-In obvious field goal range, you should normally be kicking a FG, There are always exceptions and if you can make a reasonable football case for why you went for it, it's legal.
    c-If you're down by 21 points in 2nd half then you can go for it anytime.
    d-If you're down in the fourth quarter and need a 1st down to tie the game and punting would mean you lose then you can go for it
    In conclusion, use common football sense to decide when to go for it. Try to keep it as realistic as possible.

-Nano Blitzing is not allowed and if it is seen, you will be removed.
    -HB Flats and Screen abuse will not be tolerated. Do not hike the ball and throw it right to a RB out of the backfield in the flats or run tons of screens.
    -No onside kicks unless it's the 4th quarter and you need it to comeback and win.
    -Do not onside kick when ahead in a game.
    -Be realistic with the no huddle. Only go no huddle if you are running out of time in a half or trailing in the fourth quarter and in a rush.
    -Should only go for a 2 pt conversion to tie or cut/add the lead to a field goal or touchdown.
    -You may QB scramble but do not scramble right after you hike the ball or run straight to the sideline without any pressure.
    -If you like the wildcat or running screens then fine, but don't do it every time. Mix it up on offense and defense.

-Not much to say in terms of trading. Just no cheating. Make offers and accept fair offers. I will reverse any awful, one-sided trades unless the "loser" of the deal can explain himself. I will make exceptions for "late additions" to the league, allowing 1 trade after the deadline (but no later than week 12)
    - All Free Agents are fair game after the conclusion of week 1. Once the league is open to everyone, each team can sign 1 Free Agent rated above an 80. I realize there are only a select few and it will be first come, first serve, but that is the only fair way to do it. After week 1 advances, anyone can be signed. Note that I will "update" the rosters as best I can before starting up the league. (aka Braylon Edwards to NYJ, Larry Johnson to CIN, etc)

Sportsmanship Rules:
    -Don't run up the score on your opponent. Run the ball/clock when you have a huge lead. When you can knee the ball then do it
    -Don't pad your stats against the Computer or we will stop all play until the league is filled. Run the ball/clock when you have a huge lead
    -Trash talk is allowed, but keep it civil.

Forum Rules:
    First, Once you have joined the forum(and to be in this league you need to be a member of this forum and be active) You must make your avatar the team you are. This is done to make it easier to recognize who is what team.

Last edited by Admin [GreenLimitedL] on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    trcownage
    trcownage

Rules and Guidelines Empty Re: Rules and Guidelines

Post  trcownage Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:09 pm

it says all madden when i play games not all pro?
    dsmpacttsi
    dsmpacttsi

Post  dsmpacttsi Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 pm

yea man all madden really messes my game up. can we change it please?
    Renos I Finest
    Renos I Finest

Post  Renos I Finest Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 pm

All madden is ridiculous, can we change it please
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Rules and Guidelines Empty All Madden

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 am

Most of your games will be vs. human opponents anyways.

I suppose if the majority want All-Pro, we can change it, but it's going to completely ruin the stat leaderboards and we are never going to lose to the CPU, which is dumb. I beat opponents around 50-3 every time on All-pro.
    trcownage
    trcownage

Post  trcownage Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:55 am

i vote for all pro Smile
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Rules and Guidelines Empty RE

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:16 am

Why does everyone want all pro? How fun is it to win by 40 every game vs CPU? That's boring. At least All Madden is a challenge.
    PurpleNug
    PurpleNug

Post  PurpleNug Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 am

I agree with mclay.
    I played my first game against the CPU.

I won 48-20
    All-Madden
    trcownage
    trcownage

Post  trcownage Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:15 am

dont know just used to it and even on all madden people are gonna be able to run up the score so i just think we might as well use the difficulty that online games are played cause it can mess with people who dont usaly play all madden
    But we should probley just make a poll
    2prettii
    2prettii

Post  2prettii Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm

mclay8823 wrote:Why does everyone want all pro? How fun is it to win by 40 every game vs CPU? That's boring. At least All Madden is a challenge.

Its not that we dont want the challenge, All madden messes up online franchise and makes disconnecting from your games easier. I dont know why it does this but its a proven online franchise glitch. THis is why all setting should be on All-Pro over All-Madden.
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Rules and Guidelines Empty RE:

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Can you show me somewhere where that glitch is documented? I've never heard of it, nor have I ever had an issue while playing on All-Madden online.
    2prettii
    2prettii

Post  2prettii Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:51 pm

mclay8823 wrote:Can you show me somewhere where that glitch is documented? I've never heard of it, nor have I ever had an issue while playing on All-Madden online.

EA had the glitch posted online before but when i went to find it they replied saying they had fixed it, but thats not the case because i still see people having problems with all-madden mode. Which is why every Online Franchise runs All-Pro. Plus the AI setting arent that different id score between 70-100 points on the CPU with or without All madden.
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

There have been no reported issues with All-Madden in any league I've ever been in. Unless we run into one, there is no reason to change it now. If you're in this league, you're likely able to compete on all-madden. If not, you'll need to practice , because if you can't beat the CPU on All-Madden, you aren't going to beat the best teams in this league.
    dsmpacttsi
    dsmpacttsi

Post  dsmpacttsi Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

purple nug you won your game cause you started it 3 times!!!!!!!! and if most of our games are against humans anyway who cares what level the computer is at. the reason all pro is important is because most EVERYONE plays ranked matches, and you have to play all pro there, now switching on and off from all pro will COMPLETELY mess with the timing of your offense, making it hard to stay consistant. so i vote all pro cause i keep trying but messing up my ranked matches isnt worth 1 online league.
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm

I play on both and it doesn't mess me up at all. I'm not sure what kind of strategy you use, but if you are succeeding on All-Madden, you will succeed on all-pro. You will just have an easier time winning. I do it. It's really not that much different. It's just harder.

This is really an absurd debate. As mentioned, if you can't compete on all-madden, you have no chance in this league anyways. No one wants it ruined by 80-0 wins with guys scoring 6 TDs and throwing for 500 yards in one game every couple weeks. It's not fun.
    dsmpacttsi
    dsmpacttsi

Post  dsmpacttsi Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:21 pm

mclay8823 wrote:I play on both and it doesn't mess me up at all. I'm not sure what kind of strategy you use, but if you are succeeding on All-Madden, you will succeed on all-pro. You will just have an easier time winning. I do it. It's really not that much different. It's just harder.

This is really an absurd debate. As mentioned, if you can't compete on all-madden, you have no chance in this league anyways. No one wants it ruined by 80-0 wins with guys scoring 6 TDs and throwing for 500 yards in one game every couple weeks. It's not fun.

when your dealing with timing routs and your recievers are getting held up cause your on a harder difficultie then how does that not mess with your game???
    and you yourself said were going to have mainly human users, so who cares about the computer, and the rules wont let you have scores like that anyway. is there going to be a vote like you said?
    mclay8823
    mclay8823

Post  mclay8823 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Receivers getting tied up at the line is realistic. I'm not going to change a rule because you're struggling with a realistic part of the game. Why are you playing Madden 10 if you want a fake football environment?

That said, yes, we can vote.
    dsmpacttsi
    dsmpacttsi

Post  dsmpacttsi Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm

mclay8823 wrote:Receivers getting tied up at the line is realistic. I'm not going to change a rule because you're struggling with a realistic part of the game. Why are you playing Madden 10 if you want a fake football environment?

That said, yes, we can vote.

i understand what your saying for sure, but like i said you have no choice in the matter on ranked matches, and i play alot of ranked matches, so why would i want to get used to throwing the ball late on all madden just to throw it too early for a pic on a ranked match?? if you dont play ranked matches then yea all madden would be better. but anyways you know my vote,
    ALL-PRO!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content